It’s not all home-cooked meals and free rent. If you’re thinking of taking the leap and moving out of the family home, these signs should be enough to push you over the edge.
1. The questions every time you leave the house. “Where are you going? Who are you going with? Why have I never met these friends? What time will you be home?”
2. You’re almost thirty but don’t know how to do your own laundry.
3. You concoct a web of lies about where you’re staying if you don’t come home.
4. “When are you cleaning your room?”
5. Awkward interruptions.
6. You avoid going home.
7. You’re the babysitter/chauffeur.
8. One word: privacy.
9. You still have Leonardo DiCaprio/Jennifer Love Hewitt posters on your bedroom wall. From the 90s.
10. You can’t cook because you’ve never needed to.
11. Your parents are dropping hints.
12. You’re treated like a child. So you act like one.
13. All your friends live out of home.
14. You don’t know how to pay a bill or make a doctor’s appointment.